May 18, 2012

"How do you pray?"






 I went to meet Sharyn yesterday lol no, it's not actually a date in meeting her but I went for this coaching session which they provided for people who graduated from M&Y, the one that I participated in few weeks back. First thing that I did when I reached there was searching for the toilet and place to pray since I haven't did my maghrib prayer yet. I accidently met Sharyn in the toilet since she was there earlier than me. Excited, but not getting to really talking much, I told her quickly that I need to pray first before we get to chit chat (I was really gelabah all over, and thankgod they have this one small store beside that I can used for awhile)


Done with all the obligation, I went back as usual in the room with this relieved and more calm feelings. Saw Sharyn with her sister sitting there at the round table since everyone else have not yet arrived. I smiled, they smiled back. Once I get to sit down on the chair (which is quite big, the one that they used to use in the office, that I almost drown in it) , this one question came out; How do you pray?


Jeda.


It's not about the question that really tough and hard to be answered, It's not about the situation that suddenly went all awkward that I don't really know which one to start first. It's that maybe all this while we tend to be so comfort in our own world (I must say) or zone (to be exact). We did our prayer everyday which it has been some part of our daily routine, on that certain time, anywhere we are no matter what the circumstances is, until onetime when we had to deal with that moment of one simple question, our brain just go all over in arranging the best word to spill, the best way to explain things where honestly, it is not the best. Worst.






After quite a while of silence, I managed to get my brain's cooperation. I told myself that I come with the intentions of sharing with the other people, it's not necessary must to be heavy, there's no right or wrong of what I'm about to say. So I just, shared. I told them that we (muslims) took of what we called ablutions before doing the prayer to ensure that we're all clean from all sort of impurity (which is funny because what's going on in Sharyn's mind is that she thought that I was going to pray in the toilet earlier since I went there in a rush and told her right away that I need to pray lol silly me) I told them that we only need to rinse certain parts of our body three times because the sunnah said so since we're following it. I shared about how we need to used the mat (they called it as mat or rugs, I shared about the word 'sejadah') to cover up the floor or anything related just to ensure that the area used for prayer is clean.


Since Sharyn's sister asked me about how we determine on knowing where we have to face for prayers, I told them about the Kaa'bah which is our centre point anywhere we go, about the sun's system on determine the time of the prayer in certain kind of circumstances, about how we believes in the one and only, The Almighty.


And the rest is history.


Basically, I am not go hard on sharing things. I realized that I just shared about the things that I knew, that I do it everyday everytime, that have been told and taught from the Prophet, parents & teachers. It feels good to share and exchanging opinions, to know that they believes in many 'god' , to know that they can actually choose whenever they felt and wanted to pray, to know that they didn't have certain time or place to pray, It is OK. It's OK.






Because in the end, HE's the one who is The Most Gracious and Most Merciful.


"Lakum dinukum waliyadin" 

"Untukmu agamamu, dan untukku agamaku"



Nota bawah laut cecah dasar; 
Cupcakes semua home-made satu hari hempas pulun dengan kesayangan. Heaven!